CISWO takes the safeguarding of those we work or come into contact with very seriously. We work to prevent abuse from occurring, aim to protect those that are at risk of being abused and always respond where we believe abuse or neglect has occurred.
CISWO’s safeguarding policy is to:
- Promote the freedom and dignity of the person who has or is experiencing abuse.
- Promote the rights of all people to live free from abuse and coercion.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of people who do not have the capacity to decide how they want to respond to abuse that they are experiencing.
- Manage services in a way which promotes safety and prevents abuse.
- Recruit staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made and provide effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
If you are concerned that someone has been harmed or is at risk of harm, please do not hesitate to contact our safeguarding lead – CISWO’s Chief Executive at our head office - for advice and support.