Supporting you and your family
We’re here to improve the lives of former coal miners and their families. We understand the struggles faced by those in former coal mining communities. We help you overcome some of the barriers you come up against and support you to lead a better quality life.
We support you through our tailored services, providing packages of support free of charge. Our support is available to former mineworkers, their wives, partners, widows and any dependent children with a disability.
Through our bespoke service, we aim to enhance living conditions, maintain independence and reduce social isolation.
Each led by a qualified Social Worker, our experienced teams offer:
- A confidential home visiting service to provide advice and support across a range of issues.
- Advocacy to support and enable people to express their views and concerns, and defend and promote their rights and responsibilities, including access to information and services.
- Emotional support at times of personal difficulty, including loss and bereavement, illness and caring responsibilities.
- Assistance to complete welfare benefit applications and industry related associated compensation schemes.
- Advice on mining related issues including illness and disability.
- Help people to access mobility equipment including walking aids and wheelchairs.
- Reducing loneliness and social isolation through our day centre and community focused projects.
- Support at times of exceptional hardship to access grants through CISWO or financial assistance through other agencies and charities.
- Access to holidays and convalescence at locations across the UK
- Support to access educational grants for former miners and their dependents through CISWO
If you would like to hear more about these services, or talk to us about receiving support, please contact us. Further support is available from partner agencies through our further help and resources page below. We also work with miners' welfare charities in your area to help them thrive - find your local charity through our map facility.
Our Work In Numbers
What we achieved in 2019
People received our support
Worth of additional income for beneficiaries
In grants given away
We've Been Busy
It is our pleasure to inform you that we have relocated from our Bathgate office to new, more ...
Thornycroft, our day centre in Pontefract, provides services for people from mining communities to ...
We understand that the current situation with the coronavirus outbreak will be a worrying time. We ...
Following the introduction of emergency legislation that has resulted in the closure of miners’ ...
Get In Touch
How can we help you?
01709 728 115