Development Manager (Mansfield)
Mansfield (office based, with travel accross the region)
Job Title: Development Manager (Mansfield)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Salary: £37,713 per annum plus 29 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave, pension, Westfield Health, free onsite parking and other benefits
Are you looking for a role to harness your background in partnership working, identifying and developing funding opportunities and working with others to help them reach their potential?
CISWO is a national charity whose mission is to improve the lives of individuals and communities facing disadvantage due to the impact of the coal mining industry.
We are looking for a development manager with a range of skills and experiences to support other mining charities develop a sustainable future. You will have a background in partnership working and developing funding opportunities, as well as a good understanding of charity governance.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in community and / or business development with a good knowledge of the charity sector.
As Development Manager, you will:
- Support mining charities to develop business plans and budgeting and help them to identify funding opportunities and develop funding proposals.
- Provide secretariat services to mining related regional grant making charities.
- Contribute to the development of and promote the organisations support offer for other mining charities, seeking new methods of supporting local trustees.
- Support the recruitment and training of local trustees and officers, encouraging good governance
- Develop local partnership working with other voluntary sector organisations, tiers of local government and local communities.
- Ensure the organisation interests and responsibilities in partner charities are retained and fulfilled.
- Represent the organisation with external parties, including, welfare charities, councils and local authorities as required
The essential qualities, skills and experience you will need to apply for this role:
- Experience of community development and / or business development and an understanding of business planning and budgets
- Experience of identifying and applying for funding on a national, regional, or local level.
- Proven experience of working in the charity sector with a good understanding of governance requirements and the challenges facing the sector.
- Proven experience in building confidence and a positive reputation with stakeholders.
- Ability to be self-motivated, with good personal organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to resolve problems in a logical, proactive, practical and positive manner
- Ability to take initiative with a practical, ‘hands on’ approach to work
- A valid driving licence and own transport with the flexibility for some travel
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the requirements for the role and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8th December 2023