Business Development Director
CISWO Head Office, Whiston, Rotherham
Job Title: Business Development Director
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (with flexibility required)
Salary: £64,453 per annum 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays, generous pension, private medical insurance, free onsite parking plus other benefits
Are you looking for a job that will put you at the heart of supporting a diverse client group, whist contributing to the overall strategic direction of the charity, diversifying income streams and managing land assets to their full potential?
CISWO is a national charity whose mission is to improve the lives of individuals and communities facing disadvantage due to the impact of the coal mining industry.
We are excited to be recruiting for a new role of Business Development Director to be based at out Head Office in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. Working as part of the directorate team, this role will be responsible for the development of income generation strategies and activities, commercial opportunities and strategic management of the organisations property portfolio.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience at a senior level in commercial/business development, income generation and managing a land and property portfolio.
As Business Development Director, you will:
- Working alongside the CEO and Directorate team, contribute to the overall strategic direction and management of the organisation as a whole
- Develop an income generation strategy to ensure the long-term sustainability for the charity
- Diversify income streams and maximise opportunities for external income generation through grant and contract income, commercial activity and maximisjng the organisations land portfolio
- Work with our regional development managers to develop business plans and funding strategies for partner charities to secure their sustainability for the future
- Lead on the development and implementation of an asset management strategy, ensuring that the organisation maximises the value and performance of our property portfolio
- Manage the organisation’s asset management function and land portfolio
- Monitor performance against strategic priorities relating to the property portfolio
- Ensure the organisation meets its obligations in property compliance, safety standards and regulations
- Form and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify, develop and deliver projects for the benefit of local communities.
The essential qualities, skills and experience you will need to apply for this role:
- Significant experience at senior manager/director level in a similar or associated role/ organisation
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate individuals and teams
- Relevant professional/ management qualification or equivalent by experience
- Demonstrable ability to review complex issues, develop and evaluate options and implement practical solutions
- An understanding of income streams available to the charity / not for profit sector
- Demonstrable success of delivering to and beyond income generation targets through a range of strategies and methodologies including grants income
- Experience in commercial / business development
- Experience of land and property management and an understanding of the opportunities and challenges of managing a land and property portfolio.
- Able to represent the organisation at all levels including stakeholders, media, Government and board
- Flexibility to travel within the UK.
For the full candidate pack, please click below
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the requirements for the role and send to HR@ciswo.org.uk
Closing date: 4 December 2023